The objective of the 3rd CST Donor Surgical Skills Masterclass is to train junior surgeons and surgical fellows on the logistics, anatomy and surgical techniques of abdominal donor organ retrieval. The masterclass will provide up-to-date information on organ preservation techniques, NDD and DCD techniques, and back-table preparation of organs.
Principles of Organ Preservation
- Organ-specific issues - assessment, recovery, and back-table preparation of liver, kidneys and pancreas.
- NEW! Ex-vivo preservation systems for liver and kidneys, including normothermic preservation, cold oxygenation and other strategies.
- Surgical principles for NDD, DCD and donation after Medical Assistance in Dying.
VIDEO AND INTERACTIVE SMALL GROUP SESSIONS WITH EXPERTS IN THE FIELD:
- DCD and NDD organ recovery techniques.
- Ex-vivo liver and kidney preservation systems and techniques.
For more details please contact Mr. Rob Smith, Program Manager, CST at 877.968.9449 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment is in Canadian dollars and by credit card only.